If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, November 06, 2008

Camera talk

I've not had a chance to do any layouts the past couple days, this one I did Tuesday I think. Its of a creek bed toward the back of our farm. I had to mess with the photo to get it like that, (and it's one of the better photo's I got the day I took some out in the woods) the color wasn't as nice, and I had to try to get it so it didn't mess with my eyes as much, cause I think its a little blurry or something, it still does mess with my eyes some, especially full size, but DH likes it, so I guess it will still go into our book. LOL

Kit Credit: Frippery Wisp 1 & Frippery Wisp paper 1 by Tracy Ann Digital Art.

I took this with the camera I bought late last month, and just haven't been happy with it, as I can't get good photos, except for once in a blue moon, most of them mess with my eyes, not sure if they are blurry or what. I read the book, checked settings, practiced, and still couldn't get it to work, so yesterday I called canon, and they told me to send it in to them to be fixed. Course that would leave us with just my old camera, since DH's camera is in for repairs too...and we could survive with that, but with Thanksgiving coming, I would hate to just have that one, since it doesn't behave itself all the time either, which is why I got a new one. So I called the store I bought it from, and they said I may have gotten a bad one, and that I should bring it up for them to look at. I also had the option of returning it, since they have a 14 day return policy...and yesterday was the 14th day. How lucky can I get!! LOL So we took another trip to Lincoln yesterday, to see what they said about it, and probably return it, then go buy a new one.

On the way we got to talking, and DH talked me into looking at SLR's. I had decided I didn't really want to go there right now, because I wanted a lot of zoom, so I was sticking with the point and shoot cameras, but he said he's tired of me complaining about the poor quality of the photos we have been getting, (mostly cause he doesn't think there is anything wrong with them...guess I'm picky. LOL) So I said I'd look at them, cause I would like one...but they are more expensive, and I'd loose quite a lot of zoom. We stopped at a camera store to see what they had, before taking my other one back, and after looking at several, and talking to them we left to talk about it, and return my other camera. I was really worried about spending more money, than what I would get back from the other one and then end up not likeing the photos I got out of it either. However I finally made the decision to take the plunge, and make myself get used to not having as much zoom, so we returned and bought a package deal, with a couple lenses, some accessory's, and the Digital Canon Rebel XSI, not top of the line for SLR's, but it has to be better than the point and shoots I've been messing with.

I know I wasn't going to go slr, but what can I say, I really kinda wanted to, if it was going to give me a better quality of photo...plus I felt sorry for DH, since I knew I had bugged him about how I didn't like the quality of the photos I was getting out of his camera or mine. I haven't had as much of a chance to play as I would like, and its cold outside, so didn't feel like going out today, (not feeling real wonderful, almost feels like I'm getting a cold, and I just wanted to sleep all day today, which makes it hard to get anything done) but last night I took some photos of the dogs playing on our bed, and they turned out really nice! This photo is resized much smaller, and its still better than the photos we have been getting out of our other cameras, plus it was an action shot. Yippee!!

I know its going to take a while to learn how to use it, so I get good photos all the time, but at least I know its possible. I took some more this morning, from our front porch, on different settings, and didn't think they were as good as the ones I took last night, on the main auto setting, but hopefully I'll learn how to take good outside photos too, I think I am having trouble with outside shots, and focusing on the right object...but that will come in time, I'm sure. I have a book, I started reading, that hopefully will teach me a few things. I love the color the shots have, so thats a good start! :)

I hope I didn't loose you all back at the top of the post, I had to do something that would keep me awake a little longer, and yet not make me think lots, so I chose to ramble on about cameras. LOL I had hoped to get caught up this week on this years layouts, or at least finish up with last month's photos...but its not looking good. LOL I'm going to have to get back to my niece's book, too, so I may just have to stay behind. I hope you all have had a good week, the first part of ours was nice and warm, but its turned cold again...although thankfully we don't have 8 inches of snow on the ground like they do in western Nebraska! I would really love it if it would not snow till after Thanksgiving weekend...but I won't hold my breath. LOL

Take Care!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Remember.....WYSIWYG!
    If THIS camera ain't right, then WAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the woods picture and LO is pretty. It just seems to all go together.

    Yes, that camera did take a really good picture of the dogs. Have fun with it.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!