If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and a small freebie!


Family gatherings, around the kitchen table at Grandma's house, eating lots of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit salad, listening to the grownups talking, the wood stove popping, and knowing you are surrounded by love. No matter the differences, or the disagreements, there was always still lots of love.

Thanksgiving was always a special day when I was growing up. Laughter, warm feelings, special hugs, and Uncle Orison's camera. Stories, catching up, and hearing Grandpa's chuckle. All part of my Thanksgiving memories, and the reason that to me Thanksgiving will always be my favorite holiday.

I loved to go to Grandma's house on Thanksgiving, loved walking into her warm kitchen, and getting her hug. I loved waking up to the smell of the turkey cooking on Thanksgiving morning and watching her make her special fruit salad, we only had on Thanksgiving. I loved watching Mom get everything organized, and on the table on time, and spending time with Uncle Orison, or watching TV with Grandpa. I loved listening to my Dad and Uncle Orison catch up, and being special enough, to be caught in Uncle Orison's lens....yes there was a time I liked having my photo taken. *giggle*

Putting into words the feelings of those Thanksgivings of my childhood is not possible for me, I just remember loving them, and as I look back, I get the feeling of being surrounded by love, which is a wonderful feeling. I miss those thanksgivings, although I do like ours now too, because I love spending them with my wonderful hubby. But the memories of having everyone I love the most around the same table, holding hands as we pray before the meal, and listening to the chatter all around me, as I let the total happiness sink into my soul will still be my most favorite Thanksgiving memories of all time.

With Thanksgiving being this week, I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, even if you don't live in the states and celebrate it, I still hope you have a wonderful week. I am so thankful for so many things this year, God has really blessed us, but like I said on one of my layouts this month, I'm most thankful for my wonderful hubby. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there reading this, but especially to Mom, Dad, and Kali, sorry I can't be with you this weekend.

I hope those of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving this week will have a safe trip (if you are the ones traveling) and a wonderful time, no matter if you are spending it with a huge family, or small one. We are spending it with family this year, with a stop over the weekend to see one of my Great Aunts, whom I haven't seen for several years, so will be gone for several days. Hopefully I get lots of good photo's to scrap and can spend some time listening to the stories being passed around the room between the adults....oh wait, that's me now....well then I'll just pretend I'm not, and listen to them anyway. My darling hubby can easily talk enough for both of us anyway. *giggle* Have a GREAT week, I'll catch ya when we get back!!

Oh yeah, I did say I had a freebie for you all didn't I, how could I forget! *giggle* I was playing while my pumpkin pie's were baking with one of Shadow Scrap's templates and Blushbutters fur styles (and felt too, for the nose and eyes) and made a cute teddy bear, so I decided to play a little more this evening and make a wagon (with another of Shadow Scraps templates) and put them together as a freebie. Feel free to snag it if you can use it!! You can find Blushbutters fur styles here, her felt styles here, and Shadow Scrap's store where the templates are is here (although its down now, for some reason, so her blog is here...she may be able to update you on it, if its down for very long.) Thanks to both of them for letting me give this away, since I used their product to make it!! :)

Download the bear wagon here.

Also don't forget, my kit "True Love" is still only $2.00 for a few more days, so don't miss out, go get it before the end of November!!!

OK, I better get this posted, I have a few things I need to do before I head to bed, so I can get up in the morning and get out of here! Have a wonderful week, and hopefully you can get some scrapping time in!!

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, and for being there this past year, I am thankful for all of you and your friendship! Hugs to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!