If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, November 30, 2008

We made it home!

We made it home last night, but are kinda tired from the trip, and as usual could use a vacation to get over the vacation....not that it was really a vacation. *giggle* I don't know why it works that way, but it usually does. I enjoyed our great nieces, and loved our to short visit with my Great Aunt Betty.

I took a few photos, but not near as many as I had hoped to, although since I didn't have the camera on the right setting all the time, maybe that's a good thing. LOL I really wanted to get a photo of Trista and her Grandpa (DH's brother) but every time I started to...or went to get my camera so I could, something happen, so I couldn't.



This is Jazmine, our great niece. She is a sweetheart, and I just love spending time with her. We played games and colored and talked while everyone else watched the Husker football game, then DH took her and I out to see some of the Christmas lights in a couple parks. I had seen some the night before but wanted to do something with her, and there isn't all that much to do in their town...besides the one park had some really cool lights.

While we were out, the "funny of the trip" happened. It was a conversation involving Jazmine and Uncle Galen.

Jazmine pipes up out of the blue as we are driving and asks: "Do you know what it says beside my name, in the dictionary?"

Uncle Galen, without skipping a beat replies: "Goofball?"

*giggle* I though that was so funny, cause for one thing, I'm not that fast at funny replies like that so appreciate it when he does it...which is quite often. Also she IS a goofball, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. She did leave herself wide open, asking that question too, so I got a good laugh out of it. DH said she made a face at him...he could see her in the rear view mirror, I couldn't. She did laugh a little too, and I think she likes him teasing her.



This is her little sister, Trista. She is a cutie, and is enjoying the rocking horse her Dad decided to make her in this photo. I didn't get a good photo of her adorable grin, like DH did, last time they came to visit us, this last spring, but I didn't really get lots of chances to take photo's of her, as I didn't get much time to spend with just her...and was busy helping with the cooking on Thursday, which is the day I saw her the most. DH saw her more, and got a kick out of her saying to him (more than once) "What did you DO?" when something happened....even if he didn't cause it. She won't be 2 till Feb, so is at that stage where she is just learning to talk...and points to something she knows the word for, and says the word. So naturally we would go around pointing and saying what something was, to help teach her. I would so love to see both of these sweet nieces more often, but am thankful for the times I do get to see them.



Before we headed home on Saturday, we went to see my favorite Great Aunt. I haven't seen her for several years, and didn't make it down to her DH's funeral, which was kinda upsetting. It was nice to talk to her, although the visit was much to short. She is in a wheel chair now, but I'll always remember her like she was when I was growing up...wonderfully fun, almost mischievous and always wanting to make sure we had enough of the wonderful food she would make for us, on our visits. I always LOVED visiting Aunt Betty and Uncle Leon, and in fact, we were visiting them the weekend DH and I got engaged...she got a kick out of that whole weekend I think.



This last photo is her oldest son, he managed to stop by to see us while we were visiting her. He had to sneak away from work to do it. LOL He couldn't stay very long, but I was glad we were able to see him. I just wish we could see them more often. I hope that's not the last time I see Aunt Betty alive, but with us not traveling all that much anymore, I don't know when we will get down that way again. I have another Aunt in the same town, that would have been nice to see, but she was away on vacation, so I missed her.

Although I love to visit family, I also LOVE getting back home!! I missed my own bed, and the comfort of being in my own home. Now if I can just get back to normal, get everything put away, and start scrappin again...we will see how fast that happens. LOL

Anyway, I do hope you all had a great weekend!! I better get off here and get to bed. Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb, lovely pics, new kit and thanks for the freebie!
    I have an award for you on my blog
    http://ealdesigns2.blogspot.com/

    hugs, Lisa/EAL

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!