If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, November 13, 2008

A layout and a rant

I managed to finish this LO last night, was hoping to post it with another I wanted to finish today...but that didn't happen, more on why later. This is my niece when she was little, had trouble with a title, and for some reason...even though Its been a few months since I saw the movie...One of my favorite lines in the movie "Man of the House" with Tommy Lee Jones is "This IS my happy face" said in your best southern drawl of course. Granted he didn't have a "happy face" but I had to go with that title cause when Kali was little and we told her to smile...this was her happy face...which then made me have a happy face *southern drawl with every "happy face" please* cause I thought it was kinda funny.

This is to go opposite the page called Tire Swing *another original title huh LOL*, so that's why I basically just took that page, changed it around some, added a few things, and went with it. Cheating? Well maybe, but least I know it should look good side by side. *giggle*

Kit Credit: Fairy Kisses in Blue , Heartstrings Baby Girl Kit & Heart Strings Baby Boy kit by Blushbutter

A rant: Feel free to skip it if you want.

From the time we first got the Internet we have been with one company, we didn't really have a choice, since we lived in a small town at the time...and now in the country. We had that dreaded old dial up at first naturally, dsl didn't come to our small town for a few years, but dial up was all we knew, so it didn't bother us. We never had trouble with our service, once in a blue moon we have had an outage, but its not very often, and is usually fixed within a few hours tops. While the company we are with may not be the best out there, I've never had a big problem with them...till today.

Last week I finally got around to calling about maybe upgrading to a faster service, same company, its just the dsl is suppose to be faster, and the price is about the same...we were on an old system I guess, mostly cause I just didn't bother to keep up on what they had available, and was just thankful we could get dsl, sometimes it seemed a little slow, but it was way faster than dial up. They scheduled today to be when they came out to upgrade us, and sent us a new faster modem.

This morning, I woke up early, so thought I'd check my e-mail (5 am) and then maybe catch another hour or two of sleep. However that is NOT what happen. I found out we had no service, so called for help, and they wanted me to do some checking of the filters we have on our line, and to make a long story a little shorter, I ended up having to call them three times, before they decided they had to send a service man out. Gee thanks, I could have told you that to begin with! They said it may not be till tomorrow, course then I kinda....ummmm.....insisted that it needed to be today. *giggle* Don't mess with us digital scrapbookers Internet, I tell you.

The guy I was talking to, said he would talk to the service side, and find out if they could get out here today, and put me on hold for a little bit, then came back and said they were going to try to, and that they would call me, and let me know if they could or not. I gave them till noon to call me back,(which was several hours) and then called them and asked WHY I didn't get a call. Naturally it wasn't the same person I had talked to early that morning, so he had to check into it and told me it was scheduled for tomorrow morning....when asked why I hadn't been called, he didn't answer. But he did say he would find out if they could get me in today...hmmmm isn't that what the last man said? I know I'm not the only customer, however I also knew a guy was suppose to be coming today to upgrade our service, so WHY couldn't they just tell him to ALSO find out what was wrong. That guy came back on the phone and told me that someone was suppose to be here at 5 to upgrade us, so they would have someone else come at 4 to find out what was wrong. Have no idea WHY it couldn't be the same man, but I didn't question him to closely...after all he had just promised me I would have service back today...if you could believe him.

I hung up, and walked across the dinning room to my DH's office, and the phone rang again, this time it was the man who was suppose to upgrade us, he knew NOTHING about our problem, and when I told him, said it was probably just because they switched us to the upgrade, already, in the home office, and it wouldn't work till he managed to switch some pins in the local office. This is something I had asked about, after all it was a little to much of a coincidence that our dsl would go out, the day we were expecting an upgrade...so I asked, I may be blond, and at times act like it, but I wasn't born yesterday, and can accept that to upgrade something you could have some down time...but when they disregarded that, and kept saying it was something else I had to do my best to believe them, as after all they should know.....shouldn't they? It was tech support I was calling, they should have the answers to my questions...not the other way around.

Needless to say, the man in the field, the one who had called to say he was just about to change the pin's and then would be out, was the one who knew what he was talking about. Before he got out here, our net was back on, he helped switch modems and do the set up, talked about doxie's as he and his wife have some they love too, and then left. Really nice, and seemed to know what he was doing. I can't say the same for the idiots on the other end of the phone. I called them back to tell them they could cancel the service call, and the man who answered looked and said there was no service call scheduled...WHAT? Ok, fine, good thing it got fixed then, or I would have....well not been very nice, we will just put it that way. *giggle*

No sooner had I hung up, when the nice doxie lover who had just been here, called back saying he just got back to the office and there was a service order for us...Ohhhhh this really gives me confidence in this company, really it does. He even laughed when I told him I had just called to cancel the service order, and they said there wasn't one. Needless to say, I'm wondering if our run of good luck with this company (since we signed up with them YEARS ago) is at an end. Is the company going down hill? I have heard rumors that they are going to be bought by a big BIG company, which isn't always a good thing. They are big enough as it is, they are in several states...I think quite a lot of the states actually, so I'm not really looking forward to them being bought out by an even larger company, but...maybe, if we are really lucky, they will actually start knowing what's going on, when you call in to tech support....I know....I won't hold my breath, but am holding out hope.

Needless to say, I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped to...being a little on the irritated side I found it impossible to scrap, (*giggle don't say it dear....I really COULD have been MORE irritated) so we will try again tomorrow to get another layout done. The bad part about this whole thing....I really don't think our speed is any faster, I checked before and after on a speed test thing online, and there really isn't much difference, I'll give it a few days to see how it does...besides I'm sure they are tired of hearing from me for now, and I'm very thankful to have the net back, even if it is slower than it should be.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of making supper, so better get the last part finished up, so I'll try to stop complaining about my day, I've had much, much worse, and really now that I can think back on it, its kinda funny, because of how far OFF they were several times today, in tech support...granted if we were still having trouble, I wouldn't be laughing about it, but thankfully I can now. Sorry to bore anyone who manages to make it all the way to the end of the post. LOL

Hope you all had a good day! Mine's getting better. :)

2 comments:

I'd LOVE to hear from you!