If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, November 20, 2008

Photoshop classes

When we sold our farm this last summer, I saved a little bit of money for some photoshop classes, because I thought it was time to get help, to MAKE me learn photoshop, instead of stumbling blindly along on my own, and always going back to psp for a lot of things. Not that I won't keep using psp, but I really want to know more about photoshop, and get more comfortable in it. I thought I'd take the classes offered here....and then maybe some of their's if I have time...and don't have to use my class money for something else.

I started out with my first class this month (I waited, so hopefully things would slow down a little...not sure it really has a lot, but I've managed to keep up so far LOL) the beginner class at go digital, and have learned several things so far. This week's lessons are my favorite so far, because they contained several things I KNEW I wanted to learn more about...fixing photos (just a few basics) and creating paths...then doing text on a path.

I just wanted to share two of this weeks lesson results, because I had fun with them....and had to show the photo I fixed, and the results.

That first one, is where we had to make a path in a shape...I chose a heart, and then fill it, stroke it with a brush, do text on the path, and burn the shape, then used the action she provided that put the finished with homework text on it. I had no idea you could use the burn tool to stroke a path, that's a cool thing to know, as well as the different ways to make a path. (Yes, I just noticed that the quote is wrong, as I managed to skip a word....but hey, I still got text on a path, so hopefully it passes. *giggle*)

The two photos are the original and the fixed version...DH took this in our dark barn, and I just knew it would be cute...if only I could see the kitten better. So when we had to find a photo that needed fixed, I had to see if I could lighten this one, without it getting to grainy...I thought it didn't do to bad at all. Its certainly LOTS better than the original!!! And isn't that kitten just adorable...its one my Dad gave to us, but unfortunately the goats stepped on it, so it didn't survive.

Anyway, if you to have wanted to learn photoshop....or even psp, and want to purchase some classes, you can try the ones at go digital, I'm taking the photo shop beginner class now. I admit I've known some of the things she has taught, because I have played in ps...but have gotten something out of every week, and I kinda expected that, since I'd played with ps some. I'm sure next months class will teach me more, since its not the beginner one. :) I haven't taken any classes at dsp yet, so have no idea which one I will prefer.

Well I better go get busy, I made sure I worked on my lessons this morning, in case we got another deer, that would have put a stop to doing anything else for the day, so now I need to get some other things done around the house. LOL I hope you all have a great weekend!!! (yes I know its only Thursday here, but doubt I'll be on the computer tomorrow much, so unless something happens that I just have to share, I won't be posting again till next week.)

Thanks for your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:50 PM

    Great job on the picture! Isn't photoshop awesome! ... but how sad about the kitten. :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!