If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tire Swing

Its been rainy here today, so you would think I could have gotten a bunch done, but that's not what happen. LOL Go figure. Least I did manage to finish this this evening. I'm not sure if I like the pink paper or not, but I tried several different colors, and didn't like them either, so went with the pink, since Kali loves pink. The blue is for Uncle Orison, as this is a story about him. Journaling at end of post. This is Kali on a tire swing that Uncle Orison made for her.

Kit Credit: Fairy Kisses in Blue , Heartstrings Baby Girl Kit & Heart Strings Baby Boy kit by Blushbutter

Well nothing major going on here, didn't get much of anything done today, it was just an off day...or something. Can't even say I got any relaxing done, but with finishing this layout this evening, at least it wasn't a total loss. LOL Anyway, that means no news or anything, so I'll shut up now. Hope you all managed to have a productive day. Thanks for your comments! :)

Journaling:

Uncle Orison wanted
to make you a tire swing,
because you had lots of
fun on the swings in the
park. So one time when
we were all at his house
(you, your parents, Grand-
parents & Uncle Galen &
I) Uncle Orison, got a
tire, and some chain &
hung the tire from a
tree in the side yard.

He hung it on a
good sized red
bud tree, and
then thought he
better test it
to show it was
sturdy enough
so it wouldn't
break with you
on it.

He didn't just hang on it,
he wiggled his body through
the hole, so the tire was
around his waist, (which
took him a little while)
and then put his legs
out, so his full
weight was on the
tree. I'll never forget
the surprised look on his
face, or how fast he got
out of the tire, when he
heard the limb crack. We
all thought it was really
funny, and he found a
different tree for your
swing.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 PM

    I like the pink... But then, I always like pink. *lol* ... but seriously, the entire layout is awesome! I just love that kit! ... I still need to do two more layouts with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful and a great story. I think the pink looks great, especially since you tied it in with the little flowers on the front. I also like how you included the leaves--a great touch for a tree swing page. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!