If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Isn't it hard to believe that its already time for another year to start? It doesn't seem possible! I hope all of you will have a wonderful 2009.

Last night we got to enjoy a quiet time sitting beside the wood stove in the kitchen, with the soft romantic lights from our oil lamps, because for some reason we lost our electricity. It went off late afternoon, just in time to not let me cook the rice in our steamer, that I had planned on having for supper. So we had to think of something else to have. The neighbors were just going to have peanut butter and jelly, so we invited them down, since we could cook on top of our gas stove, and had fish, mashed potatoes and gravy, and peas. Much better than peanut butter and jelly, even though I do like that once in a while. LOL


The electricity came back on while we were cooking supper, but then just as the neighbor's were getting out of their car, to come in for supper, it went off again. We had to grab a flashlight so they could see to get in, then grab the lamps that we had gotten ready, before the lights came back on, and get them lit, so we could see to move around the house. We had supper by lamp light, and enjoyed a nice chat, before they went home to their dark house, for an early night. We stayed up sitting in the kitchen talking, until the lights came back on.

I love lamp light, and we really should take time now and then to enjoy a quiet evening together like that, even if we have electricity. However we don't usually take the time to, and I have to admit, last night, while it was nice, I was kinda wondering what to do, because I'm not use to just sitting and enjoying the quiet. LOL Maybe we should get some practice in once a month or so, so that if it happens again, we aren't sitting wondering what we could do.

These two photo's I took last night, the first one I took a photo of one of the lamps, looking through the wheel of my wheat grinder. The 2nd one is DH and Rascal, sitting beside the stove. The flash went off on that one, so the room looks lighter than it really is. I didn't get my tripod out, so the one I took without the flash, didn't turn out to good...I figured it wouldn't but was to lazy to get the tripod. *giggle*

Today its colder again, we have had some warmer days lately, although not as nice as last Friday, where it got up to 65 and melted most of the snow we had. We had several inches of snow still when we work up that day, and most of it was gone, before we went to bed that night. Its been nice to have the warmer days, but with it being the middle of winter, I guess the cooler temps of this morning are more normal. :)

Have a great day, and for those of you who are going to a new years party, stay safe out there! Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:38 AM

    We had to deal with a power outage a few days before Christmas... Sandwiches by candlelight, our dinner of choice. *lol*

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!