If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An interesting day

Beautiful Sunrise

This morning started out beautiful. DH woke me up early thinking I might like to get some photos of the sunrise. It was really REALLY bright to the east, when I looked out, (what I could see of the eastern sky that is, as our house sits on the western slop of a large hill...which covers part of the eastern sky, when you are down by the house) and I knew I wouldn't have time to get to the top of the hill to catch it, but I decided to try for what I could get. It still gave me a pretty photo, but I do wish I had woke up earlier so I could catch the really bright beautiful part of the morning sunrise. I guess when you are lazy and sleep in past sunrise you have to expect to miss out on the beauty.

Since I hadn't been sleeping real good for several nights, with not feeling well I went back and took a nap, after coming inside from our early flight to the top of the hill for photos. I know....I'm lazy. LOL

When I got up, DH told me a really cool story about our dogs and the goats, which you can read on his blog here. I love hearing that they are doing their job...especially now that they can work together to complete it. That team work makes for an even more interesting story. They got an extra good treat in their feed bucket today because of what DH happen to see too...which I'm sure they enjoyed. DH tells it really well too so don't miss reading it on his blog, if you like dogs or would like to know how our LGD's are working out!! :)

I was finishing up some things on the computer later on in the morning when DH asked if I wanted to go to visit the neighbors. He had been talking to them a few days ago, and they said they would like to see my digital scrapbooking books, as I had never showed them to them, so we went up and they looked through them and we chatted. The morning got away from us, and it was noon before we managed to leave. It was nice to visit them though. :)

Busy Bumble Bee

In the afternoon I went out and got some photos of the wild sunflowers that I saw blooming beside the barn. I always think they are pretty, although I know most farmers just want to get rid of them...I'm always happy to see some though, for photos! LOL

There were bees and butterflies flying around them and I managed to capture some of those with my camera as well. Earlier in the summer when taking photos of the large bumble bees, I've kinda had to force myself to not jump and back up when I get them in my view finder, and today was no exception...but I'm glad I managed to get one. The lens just brings them in way to close for comfort, when I'm using my longer zoom lens...even when I know I'm several feet from them I still wanna run when they come into focus. *giggle* What can I say, I don't really like bees, and especially the large ones, although they are neat in the photos. LOL

Ragged Wings

This butterfly...or I think it's actually a moth....was also enjoying the flowers. It looked like it had been through a rough time though, as one of it's wings had parts missing. Even with the Ragged Wings it was still pretty.

Mean Bee

I was taking photos of the moth when a small bee landing on the flower also. It walked around on it for a little bit then it looked like it was going to sting the moth, (I didn't capture that photo naturally, as I was to busy watching them to push the button LOL) like it wanted the flower to itself, so the moth flew off to another flower.

Ragged Wings

I can't say I could really blame it...in fact, I would have left sooner if I were it! *giggle*

All in all it was an interesting day, simple, easy, but interesting. I got the pickles to soaking in their brine, so they will be ready to can tomorrow...and found out that our beets are ready to can too, (which is kinda amazing since we aren't to good at gardening...I thought the beets were going to bite the dust long ago. LOL) so I think this week will be full of canning,(Grandma's Lime pickles and Mom's pickled beets...yum!!) which could mean no time for to much chatting. So incase I can't find time to get another post done this week, I hope you all have a great week and weekend!!

Thanks so much for your comments to, I really enjoy them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know I say it all the time... But your camera really takes awesome pictures!

    Glad you had a nice visit with your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!