If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Loving my Red Bud Tree

Birds in the Red Bud Tree


A week ago last Saturday I was in my office and noticed a bunch of birds flying around outside. I looked out my window at them, because they are fun to watch sometimes and noticed a lot of them would land on the red bud tree right outside my window from time to time. I grabbed my camera, wished I'd managed to clean my window and took some photos of them between the spots on my window. They aren't quite as good as they could be, if I had taken them without the window between me and them, but I thought they were neat none the less. As some of you may recall I got a few photos of birds on the tree when it was in bloom earlier this spring, you can see a few in this post here, or more in my Misc. animal file on flicker.

Birds in the Red Bud Tree


With being gone I didn't get the photos onto flicker till now, which is why I didn't show them to you till now. They entertained me that morning enough, that I had to show you all what I came up with...granted it doesn't take all that much to entertain me, but I thought some of you might enjoy them to. Just remember taking photos through a dirty window makes it hard to get perfect photos. LOL :)

Birds in the Red Bud Tree


Our red bud tree isn't all that big, we planted it 3 or 4 years ago probably, but it sure is nice. I love having a tree close to the house, so I can get some shade (when it's bigger)...enjoy the pretty flowers on it....and have fun watching the birds who decide to sit in it. It's also nice when I can have my window open and listen to the birds who are sitting on the branches, but it's been to hot lately for me to do that.

Birds in the Red Bud Tree


This photo is neat because there are 4 birds visible in the photo, and as my DH pointed out you can see the tail feathers of a 5th bird in the top left of the branches.

Birds in the Red Bud Tree


There was dew that morning, and the leaves had drops of dew on them, so I think the birds were enjoying sitting on the branches, drinking from the droplets. I'm not positive that's what they were doing...but from this photo it kinda looks like it...that is if you could see it larger. LOL

Regardless, it was fun watching them land on the branches, sit there a while, fly off, then return to go through it again. I'm not really a bird watcher, least I don't go out looking for them much, but I do enjoy watching them when I happen to see them, especially if I have my camera and can get close enough for a decent photo. :)

I managed to get enough photos on flicker to catch me up to last week, so hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I can finish the rest. My DH has been putting some on too of the tractor show he went to this weekend, if you want to see a few more photos of the birds or anything else new on there feel free to go take a look. I put on a couple more butterfly photos, a couple cat photos then if you go past more tractors, last night I put some more goats and Yani & Shadow photos.

Tomorrow if I manage to finish uploading my photos I'll catch you all up on my unexpected trip, I just had to take a break and show you the birds, since I remembered how fun they were once I saw the photos again. I hope all of you are having a great week! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm always amazed by your pictures... You certainly have a good eye for it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!