Sunday, August 07, 2011

DH has surgery

In the hospital

My DH had back surgery this last Wednesday. He's been having a lot of back and hip pain for a while now and they finally figured out why last year, and said they would have to do surgery before it would possibly get better. DH wanted to have it this spring, but we just couldn't get everything done by then, so things were ready for me to take over his chores. We still didn't get everything done we wanted to, but least we managed to get things done enough.

Wednesday was a long hard day, I'm a worrier, so I sat praying all afternoon, while he was in surgery. I found it impossible to read, so knitted a little bit, played a game on my kindle and paced the waiting room. I wasn't a basket case like I thought I might be, just rather scared something would go wrong, but I think all the prayers of family and friends helped get me through as well as DH. Praise God for his help in keeping me sane and having the surgery go ok.

Thursday and Friday was spent by DH's bedside, helping him when he needed it, and cheering him on as he got up walking again. We were suppose to get out on Friday, but DH developed a temp, so they decided to keep him in. Thankfully it broke Friday night, so they let him come home yesterday!!! I was SO THANKFUL to get out of there and get him home. The food was about ready to kill me up there this time, guess what the say about hospital food is true. LOL

I have to thank family and friends for their prayers, my Dad for all his help around our farm (I don't know what we would have done without him), my Mom for being there on the other end of the phone when I was worried and our pastor for his prayers and financial aid that helped me be able to get a hotel room so I was a little more rested for the day time cheering sessions. God has been so good to us, and without him to lean on, I'm sure I wouldn't have managed to stay sane the past few days. LOL

DH still has a long recovery ahead of him, but God willing we will make it through. Dad is staying a little longer to help, which I'm thankful for...maybe I can get some beets canned this next week...and maybe before he leaves I can get used to taking care of the garden, house, & DH enough that I can add the milking into my morning too without to much trouble. LOL Needless to say, I'm going to be busy for several more weeks...or months....but least I shouldn't be to bored! :-))

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update, since I didn't get one done this last week with being at the hospital so much. It's been a long time since I've gone a week without posting. LOL I'm still singing praises here, cause my hubby is ok, and we are home now, even if he does have a lot of recovery time to look forward to. God has been good to us once again. :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying that your DH has a quick recovery! I didn't know he was going in for surgery. I am glad everything went smoothly, and that you had lots of help!


I'd LOVE to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails