If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pizza Burgers

Building Pizza Burgers

In the summer time, if I buy some hamburger buns, and don't get them used up quick enough, they will get moldy and then get dumped out for the chickens (they love it when that happens! LOL).

However, in the winter, they don't mold as fast, yet do get kinda stale and dried out, so instead of tossing them, sometimes I'll make pizza burgers. They aren't hard to make, especially since I have canned pizza sauce I canned up the summer before, and make for an easy lunch that freezes well, and can be pulled out when I need something extra easy and quick.

Print Pizza Burger Recipe

First I lay the buns open faced on a baking sheet.


Building Pizza Burgers

Then I brown some hamburger, dump some pizza sauce into it, and when it's good and warm spoon it onto each half bun. If I have extra pizza sauce, I'll spoon a little extra over the hamburger for added flavor.


Building Pizza Burgers

Top with grated cheese of your choice. (I like cheddar...although might use some homemade mozzarella, but haven't made any yet this week, so didn't.) Bake at 425 for 10 minutes (or so) till cheese is melted and bun is toasted to your liking.


Building Pizza Burgers

Enjoy a simple lunch in the midst of your busy life, that tastes yummy yet is oh so easy to make!

Freeze any leftovers for future lunches, on those days you just don't have time to cook something, so you can easily have something good to eat, with little effort.

I pop mine into the toaster oven for a short time, to warm them up, and "re-toast" the bread, and it works really well! :)

If you don't have any old hamburger buns sitting around...new ones will work too. LOL One of these days I'm going to learn to make my own, but that is one thing I haven't found a recipe I really like yet...I prefer hamburger buns that aren't to heavy, and any I've tried to make turn out heaver than I want for a sandwich.

I do have an idea to try for another attempt at making my own hamburger buns(although I don't have high hopes that it will actually work)...just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. *sigh* So many things I want to do...so LITTLE time! :-))

I would think you could also do this kinda thing with sloppy joe's...or any other sauce you like with ground beef. I've not tried it with others, cause we love pizza burgers...but may have to one of these days. If you have any ideas, let me know...maybe I'll break out of the rut I'm in, and try something new!! *giggle*

Enchilada sauce....chicken instead of hamburger with hubbies wonderful Alfredo sauce....hmmm the possibilities are endless...going to have to dig my way out of the rut I'm in one of these days!! :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. We were gone all day yesterday between a doc appointment for hubby and doing shopping so we didn't have to make another trip to the city right away. Gotta love that THAT is over for another month already!! :-)) I gotta run though, it's nice (as in over 50 F. !!!) outside, and I'd really like to spend a little time outside enjoying it. :-))

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh. Ohhhhh....

    I gotta try this.

    with the mozzarella and a layer of fresh basil...

    Ohhhh...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm... Just needs some pepperoni. ;)

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!