If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, December 31, 2012

What a difference a year can make.

Our Drive Way

It's always amazed me how FAST things can change, how that road you are driving down can turn and take you in a new direction in the blink of an eye.

We started out the year, without plans on actually trying to sell the farm...no idea whatsoever that we would decide to go for it and put the farm on the market this year...and here it is, the end of the year and we are living on a new farm in another state. Who knew!  I'm still kinda amazed...even though it's been a few months now.  LOL

Yes, selling out is something we had talked about here and there over the last few years, but not totally seriously, because I'm never really comfortable with change, it's scary to even think about moving, when we would have to sell one place, BEFORE we could buy another...and what happens if you sell, and can't find another place that will work...so I never really got to serious about trying before this year.

The discussion came up again, sometime after the first of the year, and this time I took a leap of faith, and agreed to go for it, if we could sell our farm. Several things contributed to me agreeing to try...but I think those things were just God's way of nudging me over the safe edge I was standing on.

I had no idea we would move so quickly though! I thought we would probably be there for several months if not years, waiting for a buyer to come along...but I guess God wanted us moved sooner rather than later.

It's so NICE having family we can count on close...and being here to help them out if they need it too.

It's also NICE to see the beautiful fall color that I've missed...to be able to see my parents whenever I want to, instead of just a couple times a year...to have a warmer home in the winter, with our wood furnace heating it...and it's REALLY nice to know, that ALL our neighbors are neighborly, even if we don't really KNOW all of them yet, they will help if we need something...several already have.  THATS the kind of country neighbors I grew up with...and it's sure nice to have that again ALL around!

Yep...it's amazing what a difference a year can make!  We have been blessed this year.  Blessed with family, friends, love, laughter and animals to share our life with.  That leap of faith, could turn out to be the best leap we ever took...it's up to God if it's the last leap (move) we make, but least I've come to realize that he did lead us here, not as openly as he did to our last farm...but the nudges were there none the less.

Thank you Yahweh for being there for us and our family this year! And especially thank you for the safe arrival of Kainsley!!

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Years and that the next year will be a GREAT one!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!  :-))

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Deb! Wishing you, Galen and all the rest of your family a very happy year for 2013! Praying God will continue to shower y'all with the very best of blessings in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is amazing the changes that can take place in a year!!!! You are so right!

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!