If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, July 05, 2013

Family Fun


Hopefully everyone had a good 4th of July!!

 Ours was pretty fun, although we didn't get to spend much time together. DH had fun at a huge two day Amish auction the 3rd and 4th...he brought me home this little mini butter churn the first day...isn't it cute! LOL Course it would only make about a tablespoon of butter at a time I think (if I were lucky), so I'll pass on actually trying to USE it...but it is adorable!

I spent yesterday afternoon with my parents, since DH was otherwise occupied. We had a simple impromptu party that evening with hamburger's, hotdogs, and beef brisket with baked beans, chips, onions and cucumbers in vinegar for sides. Chocolate Cake for desert...and boy was it all yummy! My brother and his wife came up...DH was way late, but he managed to make it and get some food before it was time to go home and we had lots of time to chat and laugh and just generally have a good time!

I was so glad I was feeling so much better and decided to get out of the house instead of staying home by myself, since DH couldn't be here. All in all, it was a good day!

 So nice to be back to feeling better!

Just in time to help with a 2nd round of Dad's hay either this afternoon or tomorrow!  Ahhh...the joys of summer on a farm!  :-))

1 comment:

  1. That IS a cute butter churn, and would make a great decoration! :D

    Glad you had a nice day!

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!