If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Color


With all the rain we've had so far this spring and summer, (although it does seem to have slowed WAY down the last week or two) there sure seems to be more flowers blooming in the fields here than there were last year. Right now, I'm loving traveling down the back roads, and seeing the lilies blooming along the roadsides. One of these days I'm hoping to have some transplanted to our driveway...so we have that beautiful splash of color at our place too!


These lilies are on the bank in front of an old house over by my parents farm. I had to stop and grab a few photos on my way home last weekend. The beautiful pop of color doesn't seem to be as noticeable in the photos as it is in person, but it's still pretty.


Hopefully one of these days we can find time to drive around the countryside more...I keep hoping to, but just keep running out of time or not thinking about it when there is time. I'd really love to go butterfly hunting one of these days too...been awhile since I've done that with my camera...and I really would LOVE to get some nice colorful closeups of those beautiful insects. *sigh* Time just keeps flying by, I haven't been able to enjoy the summer color as much as I'd like.

I am loving the glimpses I manage to get of that summer color though...it's so beautiful here this time of year, if you can stand the humidity!  :-))

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those beautiful lilies! I want some!!!! :D

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!