If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our little day trip!

Welcome to the Kansas City Ren-fest!!

Well, as you can see, I didn't get to share on Sunday about the little day trip we took with my brother and his wife. We had a storm come through, which knocked out our internet for part of the day on Sunday...so I did other things, instead of getting my photo's off my camera and uploaded. LOL We then canned the next two days, so this is the first chance I've had to post!

I've been wanting to go back to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival for years!  We went to a little one in Nebraska one year, and while it was entertaining, it wasn't near as good for the most part, as the Kansas City one is...course some of why we think that is probably cause we had been to the Kansas City one before...if we hadn't of been, we would have not been quite so picky.  LOL

Mark dressed up for the ren-fest.
My brother in his kilt at the ren-fest.

The last time we were at the KC ren-fest, was 12 years ago the day after we got Autumn...she went with us and enjoyed being held a lot.  Last weekend was the Highland Games weekend at the ren-fest, and my brother wanted to go and wear his kilt, and invited us to go with them...they even bought our ticket (it was a buy one get one free weekend with military (or VA) id...so they didn't have to buy us BOTH a ticket!  LOL  Gotta LOVE that!

We had a really good day, but boy am I getting old or what...I was ready to stop walking before we had seen everything!  LOL  It's a BIG place, with lots of different shows and food and things to buy.  Thankfully other than food I managed to behave myself and not buy anything...which is good since we are kinda low on money this year, although I eyed some earrings and a chainmaille necklace.  LOL

We watched a few shows and enjoyed spending the day together...and even managed to hit a couple stores on our way home to pick up some things I forgot on our monthly shopping trip.  All it all it was a lot of fun, even if I did get wore out from all the walking up and down the hills.  It makes me wish we all had more time and money so we could do more fun things together!  :-))

It was Highland Games weekend at the ren-fest...fun!

The cool thing about THAT weekend at the KC ren-fest was hearing the bag pipes playing as we walked around. We all love the sound of bag pipes, so it was the perfect weekend to go to the festival, not to mention the weather had cooled off so it wasn't so hot, which made it much nicer.

Jousting at the KC ren-fest.

As usual, my favorite part of the ren-fest was the jousting and other games they had before the event. Can't help but love a knight in shinning armor...even if he isn't REALLY a knight. LOL

So the two knights have a sword fight at the KC ren-fest.

There was a sword fight after the joust, to determine the winner...and it was much more "real" than the sword fights they had at the LAST ren-fest we went to by Omaha Nebraska...they had clunky wood swords there, where as they looked and sounded more real in this fight. LOL  All in all, it was a good time, and the best man won!  The other one was to cocky for my taste, so I was happy to see the one we were rooting for win.

While we were happy to get home to our fur babies (and boy were THEY happy to see US!  LOL) it was a FUN day...which is always nice to have!  It was a nice break from our busy late summer/early fall work!

There ARE more ren-fest photos in the ren-fest gallery on smugmug if you want to see more.  Nothing fabulous, but...they will work for memory keepers, so that's good enough for me.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend too...and is having a good week!  :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!